Tuesday, March 1, 2011

stuttering, the tttalk of the town right now

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/facts-and-arguments/the-essay/ive-always-stuttered/article1924179/

Although my teachers were all supportive, I experienced moments of sheer panic. I had difficulty with consonants – w (what), c (cat), t (two) and d (do) – and particularly if they were in the first words I spoke.

D - maybe this consideration will come up during language design.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/awards/academy-awards/kings-speech-wins-four-major-oscars-including-best-picture/article1923068/

D - "The King's Speech" just won an Oscar or more.

The King's Speech also won the directing prize for Tom Hooper and the original-screenplay Oscar for David Seidler, a boyhood stutterer himself.

“I have a feeling my career's just peaked,” Firth said. “I'm afraid I have to warn you that I'm experiencing stirrings somewhere in the upper abdominals which are threatening to form themselves into dance moves.”

D - and as if not topical enough, stuttering also is the subject of a popular song now too.

"Stuttering" is a song by Canadian singer–songwriter Fefe Dobson from her second (released) studio album, Joy. It was produced by J. R. Rotem, and co-written by Fefe Dobson, J. R. Rotem, and Claude Kelly. The song was released as a single on September 7, 2010 by 21 Music and Island Records and officially impacted mainstream radio on October 12, 2010.[1] The song has achieved success in Canada obtaining the position of #10 in its tenth week on the Canadian Hot 100. The single has received airplay on Radio Disney.

I start to believe you but somethin is wrong
You won't look in my eyes
Tell me Whats going on

Its you and me who danced the world
Thats what You said..Thats what you said
If You can't be honest with me,then am afraid this is the end

Hurry up Hurry up..
If you ever really care about me ..
Tell the truth,Give it up...
You sound guilty coz you are stuttering

No comments: